Fight COVID With Those Who Serve
At this time of social distancing and stay-at-home precautions, many families and households find themselves bored and feeling powerless to help. Heartillery has the cure for the COVID Blues—Operation Can-Do.
Operation Can-Do comes just in the nick of time to give families and households something positive to do, while providing hours of creative fun.
Make Cards – Show Love & Gratitude
We are inspiring cooped up families with kids and households of all ages to make cards and write letters to lift the morale of active duty military personnel who are away from friends and families during this unprecedented crisis. We know from experience how much it means to them to have them in our thoughts. And we know how empowering it is to focus on doing good for others.
500,000 cards & letters of appreciation
Mailed globally from April 5 to June 30, 2020.
Raise $100,000 by May 31, 2020 to enable us to collect, organize and mail cards overseas for Operation Can-Do and other urgent and time-critical initiatives
Encourage each card maker to donate $20 or more to cover the cost of mailing their card in a box containing 350 cards
To get involved, all you need to do is gather your family with arts and crafts materials to create your own personalized cards & letters sharing love and appreciation. Mail them to Heartillery—we’ll make sure they get to a soldier quickly and safely.
The more cards you make, the more women and men we can reach.
We will continue to stand with our service members during this challenging time. Thank you to all our loyal members who continue to stand up in hard times to help our troops.
We urgently need your financial contributions, both large and small, by May 31, 2020 to execute Operation Can-Do and other time-critical initiatives.
Consider a donation of $20 or more to cover the cost of mailing a box of 350 cards.
Thank you for your support!
Start You Own Team Fundraiser
Instructions & Guidelines
- Make as many cards as you feel you can
- Cards can be homemade or store bought – get creative, have fun
- Write a simple and kind note inside each card along with your signature(s)
- Use a generic salutation such as “Dear Service Member”
- Reference “Operation Can-Do”, if you like
- Put each card or letter in a blank, unsealed envelope
PO BOX 2649
Ponte Verde, FL 32004
- DO NOT Address cards or letter to specific individuals – they will not be delivered
- DO NOT Include your home address or other personal information on cards or envelopes. We are not responsible if you choose to disclose personal information in your cards.
Special COVID-19 Extra Precautions
The CDC, the World Health Organization, as well as the Surgeon General have indicated that there is currently no evidence that COVID-19 is being spread through the mail. Out of an abundance of caution…
- Follow good hygiene procedures
- Wash your hands frequently
- Use gloves, if you have them
- Use a disinfectant to clean all your arts & crafts materials before and after
- Allow your completed cards and envelopes to sit untouched for at least 1 day before you send them
- If you or anyone in your household has or thinks they have COVID-19 or are sick, refrain from participating until you are certain you are well.
We need your financial contributions, both large and small, to execute Operation Can-Do and other urgent initiatives to collect, organize and mail cards. Each US Postal Service box contains ~350 cards and costs $18.45 to ship.
Please consider a donation of $20 or more to cover the box cost of mailing 350 cards. Thank you for your support!