Keep Those Who Serve In Our Hearts
During The Holidays
Our 8th Annual Mission Holiday Cards campaign inspires families with kids and households of all ages to make holiday cards and write letters to lift the morale of active-duty military personnel who are away from friends and family during the holiday season.
As the holiday’s approach and COVID19 social precautions continue, many families and households find themselves bored and feeling powerless to help. Just like us, active-duty military personnel are affected by COVID19 and need to know they are cared about, especially during the holidays.
We know from experience how much it means to them to have them in our thoughts. And we know how empowering it is to focus on doing good for others. The more cards you make, the more women and men we can reach.
- Send 500,000 cards & letters from 10/15 to 12/15/2020
- Raise $80,000 to collect, organize, and mail cards overseas by 12/1/2020
- Encourage each card maker to donate $20 or more to cover the cost of mailing their card in a box containing 350 cards
We urgently need your financial contributions, both large and small, by December 1, 2020, to execute Mission Holiday Cards and other critical initiatives.
Consider a donation of $20 or more to cover the cost of mailing a box of 350 cards.
Start Your Own Team Fundraiser
Printable Card (Download pdf)
Shareable Flyer (Download pdf)
How to Get Involved
To get involved, all you need to do is gather your family and friends with arts and crafts materials to create your own personalized cards & letters sharing love and appreciation.
Instructions & Guidelines
- Make as many cards as you feel you can
- Cards can be homemade or store bought – get creative, have fun
- Write a simple and kind note inside each card along with your signature(s)
- Use a generic salutation such as “Dear Service Member”
- Reference “the holidays” or “season’s greetings,” if you like
- Put each card or letter in a blank, unsealed envelope
PO BOX 2649
Ponte Vedra, FL 32004
- DO NOT Address cards or letter to specific individuals – they will not be delivered
- DO NOT Include your home address or other personal information on cards or envelopes. We are not responsible if you choose to disclose personal information in your cards.
Special COVID-19 Extra Precautions
The CDC, the World Health Organization, as well as the Surgeon General have indicated that there is currently no evidence that COVID-19 is being spread through the mail. Out of an abundance of caution…
- Follow good hygiene procedures
- Wash your hands frequently
- Use gloves, if you have them
- Use a disinfectant to clean all your arts & crafts materials before and after
- Allow your completed cards and envelopes to sit untouched for at least 1 day before you send them
- If you or anyone in your household has or thinks they have COVID-19 or are sick, refrain from participating until you are certain you are well.
We need your financial contributions, both large and small, to execute Mission Holiday Cards and other urgent initiatives to collect, organize, and mail cards. Each US Postal Service box contains ~350 cards and costs $18.45 to ship.
Please consider a donation of $20 or more to cover the box cost of mailing 350 cards. Thank you for your support!